kindness activist

kindness activist

Monday, November 16, 2020

Hug From A Stranger (By Way of Dried Fruit)

Do you know what this is?

I bet you guessed a plate of dried fruit.

And while you would be RIGHT, you would also be WRONG.

Because what it actually is, is a hug from a stranger.

David was outside working in the yard on Saturday when two people walked up.  They introduced themselves and chatted with him.  They told him they enjoy driving by our house very much.  They like the signs I hang, and the election project inspired them.  I could hear voices out there so peeked out the window, but was in the middle of doing something and did not go out.  But I WISH I had.

Because these people, these complete strangers, gifted us with this because display of dried fruit and an intricate, beautiful wooden bowl!!  They took time out of their lives to stop by, talk, and deliver an amazing present to perfect strangers!  Isn’t that amazing??

Luckily, they signed their name and address on the card so we know who to thank.  And I have found them on Facebook and friended them.   But I was just so honored and excited to be the recipient of this kindness. 

These people didn’t know what a hard couple of years we have had.  They didn’t know the anniversary of my dad’s death is creeping on the calendar. They didn’t know my sister and I have had to indefinitely postpone our trip to get our sister’s ashes made into artwork.  They likely do not know that my WHOLE JAM is spreading kindness, most often to strangers.  They didn’t KNOW.

But they took time to appreciate what they saw.  To be thankful.  And to interact.

And for that, I am ever so grateful.

Thank you for the hug, strangers.  It meant more than you can understand.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment