kindness activist

kindness activist

Saturday, December 10, 2022

Letters to Santa Makes the Washington Post!

I am so happy with an article in the Washington Post that came out today, December 10, 2022. 

The writer, Theresa Vargas, contacted me and asked if she could do a story about the Santa Project. She wrote a piece about the Kindness Yard Sale a couple of years ago, and this is a bit of an update on that if you will. The thing about my Kindness Activist work is that the yard sale is usually what gets the most attention. I get that - I mean, it is quite unconventional. 

But to me, the yard sale is just the fund raiser for the actual WORK that takes place throughout the rest of the year - surprising people with KINDNESS (that is funded by the sale). So, when Theresa asked if she could highlight the Santa Project I was thrilled. She is such a great writer. She is fun to interview with (which is not the case with all authors) - she truly listens and brings out the stories. The Santa Project is my favorite Kindness Activist event of the year. To share it with the world via The Washington Post is an honor. 

 Please read the story - it taps into the essence of the magic that is happening at the Big Yellow House. And, if you are interested in pitching in and fulfilling a child's wish, click the link in the article that says "gift giving project". 

If you cannot access the Amazon Wish List link from the article, go to this link:  Santa Project Wish List



THANK YOU AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!




No comments:

Post a Comment